Fall Protection (ESC)
Note: WEEKEND COURSES ARE SUBJECT TO MINIMUM ENROLLMENT NUMBERS. You may be contacted on the Friday before to reschedule, if these minimums are not reached.
This is a classroom-based 1-day ESC-certified course in fall protection available at SCS at SCS multiple times a week. SCS partners with Energy Safety Canada to make sure we can bring you this fall protection training, which is an industry-standard course required on ESC-partnership worksites in Alberta and recognized across other industries and sectors.
This fall protection training provides the theory and practical skills so you can work safely height. It also includes hands-on exercises where you will be taught to fit and adjust a harness, hang from a fall protection system tripod, and explore self-rescue techniques.
The most valuable part of the course was…
“…being able to wear the safety harness, and do a pre-inspection.”
“…the extra help with the math [fall calculations].”
“…the instructor willingness to help the students.”
If your job requires you to work at heights, you need training on the appropriate fall protection systems that meet the standards of due diligence and keep you safe on the job.
Fall protection is more than just wearing a harness and lifeline. It includes the systems of fall protection from eliminating the hazard where possible, engineering it away, or applying administrative controls. These topics are covered in the course, as well as the following:
– Legislative standards and industry best practices that apply to working at heights
– Fall hazards and controls
– Engineering controls (fall prevention and containment systems)
– Administrative controls (fall protection planning and rescue planning)
– Personal protective equipment (correct selection and use of PPE)
– Inspection and maintenance of fall protection systems and components
– Calculation of free fall distance, total fall distance and minimum required clearance
– Donning and use of fall arrest components
– Physiological effects of being suspended in a fall arrest harness
Prerequisites and PPE
You don’t need to complete any other courses or have any prior experience to enroll in this course. You also don’t need to bring along any personal protective equipment (PPE).
Note: All courses require you to have government-issued photo ID.
- SCS Registration Coordinator